Vice Director Wanted for the
Gardening and Horticulture Department of
Xishuangbanna Tropical Botanic Garden,
Chinese Academy of Sciences
The Gardening and Horticulture Department of Xishuangbanna Tropical Botanic Garden (XTBG) is dedicated to the collection and conservation of plant germplasm as well as the construction and maintenance of landscape scenery. The department has 38 planting areas and boasts a collection of more than 13,000 live plants. Its main responsibilities include plant introduction and conservation, construction of plant archives, research on specially living plants collections, improvement and maintenance of plant sceneries, and the maintenance of the environment and gardening facilities of scenic spots, etc.
The Department is now seeking a qualified Vice Director to join our workforce. All applications are welcome from home and abroad.
Vice Director of the Gardening and Horticulture Department (Vice-Senior Position)
Work location: Menglun town of Mengla county in Xishuangbanna, Yunnan Province
II. Position Responsibilities:
The Vice Director will be responsible for
1. Supervising the Department’s science and research work;
2. Organizing and planning the establishment of research groups within the Department for the purpose of conducting relevant research on living plants collections;
3. Acting as team leader to apply and obtain important projects from the central government and the Chinese Academy of Sciences;
4. Guiding and nurturing young talents of engineering technologies for the Department.
III. Applying qualifications
1. All nationalities are welcome. Applicants should hold a doctor’s degree in Landscape Architecture, horticulture, botany or other related fields.
2. Applicants should have no health or moral issues, and preferably under 45 years of age. Applicants should have a high proficiency of policy and theory, as well as excellent analytic, organizational and coordinating abilities, in addition to a good command of expertise and skills required by the position. Please note that the position of Vice Director is a full-time position.
3. Applicants should have strong academic abilities and outstanding research accomplishments in their own fields, should have published a number of influential papers related to the Department’s research areas in famous international journals either as first author or correspondence author, or should master key technologies, possess significant technological innovations, or have the kind of research credentials qualified to act as academic leaders of the relevant fields.
4. Applicants should have supervised or participated through the research process of important projects and achieved noticeable accomplishments.
5. Applicants should be associate professors and above or holding equivalent professional titles, or should have obtained a doctor’s degree for 2 years, or should have held an intermediate title for at least 5 years.
IV. Available support
1. 200,000 RMB for research initiation;
2. Accommodation provided under employment (a certain amount of rent will be charged as per regulation);
3. Non-Chinese researchers are offered an annual salary of 150,000 RMB (pre-tax, social insurances included, 40% of which will be covered by project funds.);
4. For returned overseas scholars or researchers that have been transferred from other organization in China, 300,000 RMB in housing subsidy will be provided (the purchased property will become one’s own after serving a consecutive term of eight years, and a proportionate amount of money will be deducted from the subsidy based on year for those who serve less than 8 years). Assistance will also be provided for their spouses to find jobs and for their children to receive education.
V. Application procedures
1. Self-recommending materials of applicants (see model on Botanic garden’s website http:/www.xtbg.ac.cn.)
2. Copies of doctor’s degree certificate, academic records, certificates of employment experience from home and abroad, and applicants’ passport or ID card.
3. Copies of full papers published within the last 3 to 5 years, and copies of patents if any.
4. Three recommendation letters from prominent experts at home and abroad in botany related fields.
5. Other relevant materials that applicants hope to provide.
VI. Contact Information
Ms. Fang Chunyan
Office of Human Resources and Education
Xishuangbanna Tropical Botanical Garden
Chinese Academy of Sciences
Yunnan 666303, P. R. China