Xishuangbanna Tropical Botanical Garden (XTBG) of the Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS) is one of the most prestigious tropical botanical gardens in China and a modern and international institution committed to provide a quality learning environment for its students and the community. With Yunnan Province as its focal working area, XTBG probes into the impact of human activities and climate change on ecosystem structures and services as well as the endangerment mechanisms of species. Effective conservation, sustainable development and the utilization of biological resources are primary goals of XTBG. Its scientific research focuses on Forest Ecosystem Ecology, Conservation Biology and Resource Plant Development.
XTBG is home to CAS Key Laboratory of Tropical Forest Ecology, CAS Key Laboratory of Tropical Plant Resources and Sustainable Use, Center for Integrative Conservation, two national field research stations across Yunnan (Xishuangbanna Tropical Rainforest Ecosystem Station and Ailaoshan Station for Forest Ecosystem Studies), Yuanjiang Hot and Dry Valley Observation Station, Public Technology Service Center, Germplasm Bank for Rare and Endangered Plants, Tropical Plant Herbarium, Department of Gardening and Horticulture, Department of Tourism Management, Department of Science Communication and Training, and Jingdong Subtropical Botanical Garden, etc.
XTBG is seeking postdoctoral fellows in Forest Ecosystem Ecology, Conservation Biology and Resource Plant Development with competitive salaries. Come and join us!
1. Major in Ecology, Biology or related fields. Have a PhD degree within 3 years of applying, and be in good health. The candidate should be under the age of 35 for first time postdoctoral research applicants.
2. The candidate should abide by the PCR laws and have no criminal records; have a strong sense of professionalism and responsibility, a strong interest in scientific research and the ability to independently engage in scientific research.
3. Strong English skills are an advantage.
COOPERATION PROFESSORS AND POSITION DESCRIPTIO
1．XTBG will provide a research start-up fund 200,000 RMB to each post doctor. The annual salary of post-doctoral fellow is 200,000 RMB to 300,000 RMB.
2．Multiple opportunities to get additional research funding and awards from various sources.
3．Excellent post-doctoral fellows will have priority to get XTBG faculty position with competitive salary after they pass the final assessment.
HOW TO APPLY
1．Applications should be submitted by email to the cooperating professor with the following documents appended:
(1) CV including contact details for two referees
(2) PDFs of up to five representative publications
(3) Scanned copy of passport information page
(4) Scanned copy of PhD certificate
(5) Research proposal (developed with the cooperating professor)
(6) Recommendation letters provided by two referees holding the title of professor, one of whom should be the main PhD supervisor of the applicant.
2. After the application is approved by cooperating professor, the applicant should join a recruitment interview. Please contact XTBG HR Office for more details.
3. After passing the interview, the applicant will be required to submit additional documents. For details, please contact XTBG HR Office.
Ms. Chun-Yan Fang
Office of Human Resources,
Xishuangbanna Tropical Botanical Garden,
Chinese Academy of Sciences
Menglun, Mengla, Yunnan 666303, P. R. China
Tel：(+86 691) 8713 001
Fax: (+86 691) 8715 070